Capistrano Unified School District is continuing its commitment to providing a variety of instructional and non-instructional services to students and their families of CUSD. Services may include afterschool intervention classes, test proctors for state examinations, home hospital instructors, and tutors. Hourly employees provide an additional resource to CUSD and the communities the district serves. Candidates recommended by school sites or department for an hourly position are required to follow and complete these four easy steps:
- Print and complete paperwork forms
- Gather additional documentation requested
- Schedule an appointment with Human Resource Services to submit paperwork and receive Live Scan form for fingerprint clearance by contacting 949-234-9380
- Obtain fingerprint clearance
- CUSD Employment Application
- New Hire Employment Notice
- CalPERS Member Reciprocal Self-Certification
- Personal Information
- Beneficiary Information
- Oath of Allegiance
- Child Abuse Reporting Statement
- W-4 Tax Form
- I-9 Form
- Rights of Victims
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTATION
- Copy of a negative Mantoux TB Test taken within the last sixty (60) days. If you have worked in another school district and the TB test is valid (taken within the last four years), it will be accepted. CUSD will accept a current Risk Assessment Questionnaire completed by a Physician.
- Two clear copies of two forms of personal identification (i.e.: Valid Driver License, and Social Security Card or Valid Passport or Certified Birth Certificate). The applicant must bring original documents to the processing appointment.
- To avoid any breaks in service, documents must be valid for the entire season (Mantoux TB results, CPR, First Aid, Concussion in Sports and Sudden Cardiac Arrest certificates). It is the responsibility of the employee to maintain certificates and submit copies to the school site and Human Resource Services prior to the expiration date.
- CPR and First Aid certificates must be approved by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. The Capistrano Unified School District does not accept CPR/First Aid On-Line Training/Certificates.
- The employee must maintain a current address, email address and contact number with Human Resource Services at all times.
Once your employment file is complete and we have received fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation, a representative from Human Resource Services will notify you and the school site via email. No one may begin an assignment prior to receiving approval from Human Resource Services. Your prompt attention to these requirements will help you get into the assignment as soon as possible.