QRIS STAR RATING
All of our Early Childhood Programs classrooms have achieved a 4 or 5-star QRIS rating from the Orange County Department of Education. This rating represents the highest quality assessment for our preschool programs. Learn the specifics on these ratings and how they represent high quality at each of our school sites.
Universal Prekindergarten Plan
What is Universal Prekindergarten or UPK?
Curriculum, Learning Standards, & Schedules
- In Preschool: FrogStreet Curriculum
- The FrogStreet Curriculum is a comprehensive, dual-language program designed to meet the needs of diverse learners, while supporting 10 learning domains. The curriculum has a research-based scope and sequence, has a strong Social-Emotional component and foundation, and strategies to support differentiated instruction and various learners. The thematics units focus on integrating literacy, math, science, social science, social-emotional learning, and family engagement.
- In TK: World of Wonders
- The World of Wonders Curriculum introduced children to instruction that builds strong foundational skills and promotes Kindergarten Readiness. The curriculum focuses on letters, oral language, listening comprehension, social-emotional learning, math, science, social studies, and music. The curriculum also includes strategies to support differentiated instruction and various learners.
- California Preschool Learning Foundations
- The Foundations provide an overview of the key knowledge and skills that most children can achieve when provided with interaction, instruction, and an environment that is based on the research of early experiences shown to promote early learning and development. These foundational skills are considered to be early childhood "standards" for learning.
- California Preschool Curriculum Framework
- The Frameworks provides an overall approach for teachers to support student learning through environments and experiences that are developmentally appropriate, reflective of thoughtful observation and intentional planning, individually and culturally meaningful, and inclusive of children with disabilities and special needs.
- 8:00 - 8:30 - Welcome, Free Choice Activities
- 8:35 - 8:50 - Group Time
- 8:55 - 9:40 - Bathroom/Snack /Outside Time
- 9:45 - 10:00 - Group Time
- 10:05 - 10:55 - Centers (Language/Literacy, Math, Science, Art)
- 11:00 - 11:15 - Music/Movement
- 11:15 - 11:30 - Closing Circle and Goodbye Song
- 7:45-9:15 Early Birds only
- 9:15-10:10 Late Birds arrive, Whole Group
- 10:10-10:40 Snack & Recess (15 minutes to eat, 15 minutes to play)
- 10:40-11:38 Whole Group time, Early Birds leave at 11:38
- 11:38-1:08 Late Birds only
- 1:08 Class dismissed
- 7:45-10:10 Whole Group (Late Birds come at the Early Bird start time)
- 10:10-10:40 Snack & Recess
- 10:40-11:38 Whole Group and Early dismissal