WHAT IS A CONTRACT?
A contract is an agreement between two parties (Capistrano USD and someone/something else). Purchase orders are contracts too!
DO I NEED A CONTRACT?If the vendor requires a signature and the Purchase Order is not enough.
HIRING SERVICE CONTRACTORS/PROVIDERSThere are two contract options when hiring an external vendor for services: 1) utilizing a CUSD TEMPLATE contractor agreement or 2) utilizing the VENDOR'S contract.
ALL CONTRACTS MUST BE BOARD APPROVED.
CUSD TEMPLATE CONTRACTS (HAS OUR LOGO)
- > $25,000 for singular projects involving physical work
- Example: Provide material and labor for San Clemente High School vent repair project
- for law firms rendering services TO CUSD
- Special Ed only
- >$25,000 for general services work
- Example: Provide American sign language interpreting services for the 2023-24 term as needed throughout the District
REQUEST a Template Contract or amendment.
To be eligible for Board consideration, these contracts need to be reviewed and finalized by departmental leadership.
REQUEST for inclusion on the upcoming Board agenda on the Contract Summary Listing.
***(Applies to VENDOR/NON-template contracts only) ***