What is the Learning Link?
The Capistrano Unified School District Learning Link Program is an interactive center for parents/caregivers and their children from birth to five years of age. Programs are located at Hidden Hills and San Juan Elementary Schools.
Why is it called the Learning Link? The Learning Link focuses on Kindergarten Readiness, by linking the following: Early Education, Family Support, Parent/Child Interaction, Language Development, and Health and Wellness.
Our Learning Link programs provide an accessible and creative learning environment to help young children be more academically prepared for kindergarten and to help parents/caregivers become their child's first teacher! The Learning Link offers various hands-on academic learning centers for children and their parents/caregivers, as well as, educational toys to stimulate young minds and encourage parent-child interaction. All activities align with the latest research on early care and education, and with state educational standards.
- An interactive center for parents/caregivers and their children ages 0-5
- Daily activities designed by a preschool teacher
- Circle time, stories, music, and other activities during the interactive sessions
- Information and referrals to community resources
- Parent education workshops
- Developmental and health screenings available