- Curriculum & Instruction
- Administrative/Staff Directory
- AVID Program
- College & Career Advantage
- College/Career Counseling (Futureology)
- Counseling Program (School)
- Credit Recovery Program
- District Nurse Program
- Early Childhood Programs
- Foster Youth and Homeless Services
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program
- Independent Physical Education (IPE)
- Instructional Media Center (IMC)
- Learning Link Program
- Language Acquisition Office
- Mathematics Program
- Post Secondary Programs
- Safety & Student Services
- State & Federal Programs
- Student Health Requirements
Counseling Program (School)
The School Counseling Program strives to provide opportunities so that every student will acquire the social-emotional, academic, and career skills to reach their fullest educational potential and successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, competent and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
The mission of Capistrano Unified School District School Counselors is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that supports the whole child. School Counselors will focus on the needs, interests, and issues related to social-emotional, academic, and college/career development of all students through a multi-tiered system of support. School Counselors will advocate, collaborate and facilitate actions that promote a positive school climate, provide an opportunity for all students to access their education and achieve personal and academic success to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
Ensure all students develop the knowledge, attitudes, and skills that will lead to behaviors that support academic achievement and social-emotional well-being.
- Classroom guidance lessons
- School-wide assemblies/activities
- Parent education workshops
- Staff professional development workshops
Identify data-driven systematic interventions for students experiencing barriers to academic success and emotional well-being.
- Small group counseling
- Short-term individual counseling
- Community referrals
- Conflict mediations