Assessment and Eligibility
- The purpose of the assessment is to determine:
- eligibility for special education services or the student’s continued eligibility for special education (reassessment)
- the present levels of performance and educational needs of the child;
- whether the child needs special education and related services, or in the case of a reassessment of a child, whether the child continued to need special education and related services;
- whether any additions or modifications to the special education and related services are needed to enable the child to meet the measurable annual goals set out in the IEP of the child and to participate, as appropriate, in the general curriculum.